CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

5th April 2009, 02:11
I don't get either answer in this thread.

(caps - capulets ???)
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

trevor

5th April 2009, 02:18
doh! House of Capulets v Montagues (extremes in Romeo and Juliet -I guess)
I still don't understand the whole clue.
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

paulinep

5th April 2009, 09:56
Lizzie
In case you haven`t seen it, JennyG in another post has SUITCASE for " actions taken by travellers." This is far more fitting than my suggestion!

JimC
You`re right. JULIET CAPS are items of clothing
kept in a house but this hardly makes them household objects. Will put thinking cap on and try again!

Regards PaulineP
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

lizzie

5th April 2009, 19:00
PaulineP. Thanks for drawing my attention to "suitcase" I have only just seen it!
10 of 17  -   Report This Post

baberuth

6th April 2009, 00:34
I'm sorry I can't see how you arrive at suitcase. Obviously used by travellers but is it an anagram of something?
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

paulinep

6th April 2009, 03:11
SUIT and CASE are both legal terms used when actions are taken.
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

jim

23rd May 2009, 16:26
"EXTENSIONS" is my best guess so far.
Hair extensions were common in Shakespearean times. House extensions, of course. Not confident about the "two extremes" part of the clue, though. Maybe someone else can see an angle.
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

jim

23rd May 2009, 16:42
RE: "Items of Shakespearean headgear come from two extremes". Apologies, I see that Jim C has already suggested "EXTENSIONS" as a possible answer.

"come from two extremes" is the sticky part. Extensions in music are notes beyond the normal range, i.e. above or below the stave. hmm maybe ...
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

greg

23rd May 2009, 21:52
Watch out for these "two extremes"! They are surprising, for me at least. The quiz setter is having some fun!
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

greg

23rd May 2009, 21:57
From another forum: they referred to clue 2 of the same puzzle (not the answer, but the clue), which then yields the answer to this clue.
16 of 17  -   Report This Post