CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lizzie

4th April 2009, 19:24
all answers are to do with the house
shakespearean items of headgear come from two extremes (10)

actions taken by a traveller (8)
any ideas gratefully appreciated
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

paulinep

4th April 2009, 19:52
JULIET CAPS
PENDULUM
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

lizzie

4th April 2009, 19:56
Pauline many thanks for the answers have been racking my brains all day for those. Still got a few more clues to solve but will keep trying!
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

jimc

4th April 2009, 21:45
I'm wondering why JULIET CAPS = shakespearean items of headgear come from two extremes (10).

I can see 'Shakespearean' and 'items of headgear' being JULIET and CAPS but what is the explanation of the rest of the clue?

Also, why isn't the answer a 10 letter word. Other clues in the Rainbow Charity Puzzles do indicate when there is more than one word in the answer but this one is definitely flagged as a single 10 letter word. I assume that JULIET CAPS cannot be run together to form one word?

Confused.
JimC
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

paulinep

4th April 2009, 21:57
Two extremes are North and South Pole ice CAPS.
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

jimc

4th April 2009, 22:06
Oh I see. So JULIET = 'shakespearean' but then CAPS = both 'items of headgear' & 'two extremes'?

Also, the 10 letter issue still worries me. Also puzzling me is that JULIET CAPS aren't really something to do particularly with the house (as far as I know).
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

trevor

5th April 2009, 02:11
I don't get either answer in this thread.

(caps - capulets ???)
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

trevor

5th April 2009, 02:18
doh! House of Capulets v Montagues (extremes in Romeo and Juliet -I guess)
I still don't understand the whole clue.
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

paulinep

5th April 2009, 09:56
Lizzie
In case you haven`t seen it, JennyG in another post has SUITCASE for " actions taken by travellers." This is far more fitting than my suggestion!

JimC
You`re right. JULIET CAPS are items of clothing
kept in a house but this hardly makes them household objects. Will put thinking cap on and try again!

Regards PaulineP
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

lizzie

5th April 2009, 19:00
PaulineP. Thanks for drawing my attention to "suitcase" I have only just seen it!
10 of 17  -   Report This Post