CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

geordiepaul

26th September 2010, 12:23
Hi...I have STRANGE from a definite. _T_A_G_.
for 25A ... Told jokes about 25, go "funny"
If 25 is "VOID" or letter "Y", I still can't see why the answer is STRANGE, which= "funny" admittedly.
Can anyone explain, please? Paul
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

geordie paul

26th September 2010, 14:57
Thanks for all the responses to my first couple of pleas for help on here... precisely none. Everyone seems to know everybody else...is there are funny handshake or should I begin future pleas with summat like ... "The one-eyed eagle flies at night" to join the club...! Still cannot fathom why this answer seems to be "STRANGE" & would love to be enlightened...& would be very grateful. Thanks, GP
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th September 2010, 18:38
Geordie Paul,
If you don't get any answers it is purely because noone knows what it is.
I don't understand what you mean by
- If 25 is "VOID" or letter "Y" -
hope you get an answer soon
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

terry

26th September 2010, 18:44
Geordie Paul,
I've done the S.Express skeleton for quite a while. Believe me,it's very very common to not have the faintest idea why an answer is what it is. This "strange" one is a typical example. Basically it is a pretty rubbish crossword.

P.S. If you start off your postings in future with "I am Stan's wife,please help". you will be alright.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

eric

26th September 2010, 18:52
Geordie Paul

You can trust Trevor, he has an approved tolerance for others; and in any extremity is inclined to help rather than to reprove. Not so sure about Terry though.
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

trevor

26th September 2010, 18:54
I think the jibe was aimed at Stan not Paul.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

geordie paul

27th September 2010, 10:20
Thanks to you all for replying. I was just feeling a bit low yesterday. I am in constant pain, due to a rugby-related spinal disability & a diagnosed Bi-Polar "Bear"-so apologise for my outburst.
Trevor, my reference to 25 = Void or Y was to 25 being part of clue & whether it related to the answer to 25a VOID or to 25th letter of alphabet-Y.
I still can't explain that STRANGE answer though...& have never ever met Stan's wife... Or indeed Stan himself. Ha ha...but I don't feel so alone now. Thanks again, Paul
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

jimc

27th September 2010, 10:36
Hi.

Clue: Told jokes about 25, go "funny"

'Void' (ie take the middle letters away from) 'Told jokes' and switch the remaining two letters about to give 'ST'; add 'go' (ie 'RANGE') = 'STRANGE'/'funny'.

JimC
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

crypto

27th September 2010, 10:39
I looked at this for a while last night JimC and I would never have come up with that. No wonder we were all stumped! Well done.
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

jimc

27th September 2010, 10:44
Thanks Crypto.

I was also a bit confused by the tone of the original posts and also the phrase ... If 25 is "VOID" or letter "Y" ... .

Once that was explained further I knew where to to focus!

BW
JimC
10 of 10  -   Report This Post