CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

egill

27th February 2022, 21:37
Goodness, was this week's so easy that no one had any queries? Angle-rafters as a "word" was my bugbear!
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

malone

27th February 2022, 21:46
Yes, it was a very easy puzzle, but good to have something a little bit different. I think Doc must have had surgery last year, the removal of his Brewer's!
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

kt17

27th February 2022, 22:04
Doc gets rather a lot of stick these days… I thought Fives was rather fun
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

malone

27th February 2022, 22:28
Yes, KT17, Fives was fun. I don't want to dredge up earlier offences, but there were some poor puzzles last year, some from Doc, some oevrseen by Doc...
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

will37

28th February 2022, 00:12
I wasn't under any illusion that I was beiing stretched by this puzzle but it was good that I felt I wasn't working in the same old nine or ten or however many unclued lights all related in some (possibly oblique) way format.

I do hope Doc hasn't had Brewer's surgically removed as I have recently won the thing on the Listener Crossword, which I solve using the Chambers Dictionary won from The Spectator pre-pandemic and for both of which I write the answers using the Cross ballpoint won from the Sunday Times cryptic.

A pity that other solvers of Listener4700 are calling it "a gentle solve" and "one of the easiest". There was me, thinking that, having started attempting them only in March of last year, I was now becoming a but more proficient! That'll teach me.

5 of 12  -   Report This Post

cocobunny

28th February 2022, 09:20
Could someone please explain what” each set of ten clues is presented in alphabetical order of the solutions “ mean?
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

egill

28th February 2022, 15:30
The clues are in four groups of ten, and the solutions to the clues in each group are in alphabetical order, I.e. the first solution might begin with a and the next with b, etc
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

cocobunny

1st March 2022, 09:25
Thank you egill
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

fred108

5th March 2022, 16:35
I am pretty sure I have got all the clues answered , but am finding the fitting in a struggle.

Can I ask if angle rafter is an acceptable word ? I don't see it in my online Chambers. If it is not, then I have a lot more fiddling about to do.

Thanks all

fred
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

egill

5th March 2022, 18:18
I didn't find angle-rafter in Chambers either, fred108. But I don't see an alternative!
10 of 12  -   Report This Post