CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

will37

18th November 2021, 15:29
Without wishing to be too specific at this early stage, I think it's OK to point out that the 2nd sentence of the preamble - "The work inspired the other two unclued lights" - is wrong.
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

18th November 2021, 15:47
From what I read earlier 1 across by 8 down inspired another work which was in turn the basis of the work by the remaining unclued answers. As an aside I think that 4 down should be shown as 2 words.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

egill

19th November 2021, 20:21
Thanks, alwayspuzzled. Although I've been doing the Speccie's puzzles since the year dot, I've noticed major editing bloopers in a few recent ones and will now factor in "may be completely inaccurate" or even "clue entirely missing" for future reference.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

patrich

23rd November 2021, 10:57
Another ambiguity query. I am not sure about the first (unchecked) letter of 35ac. The option that fits the definition better is not supported by Chambers, whereas another letter, giving an imperfect definition, is p supported. Any thoughts? I can be more specific if required!
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

kt17

23rd November 2021, 11:07
Does Germany not signify 'G' here?
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

23rd November 2021, 11:28
I went for the G option but I agree that the first thought there is D.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

patrich

23rd November 2021, 11:35
Yes, that was my issue ā€¦ the bible (Chambers) only has German, not Germany, under ā€˜Gā€™. I agree it must be G, though. Thanks.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post