CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

annie

29th March 2009, 16:40
Hello I'm new here and struggling with TT as usual, a general question though I've never understood what is meant by two clues linked with ... ...and so on and I've got two of them in the toughie. If I ever get the answer I've never been able to work it out. Can anyone enlighten me?
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

trevor

29th March 2009, 16:50
I think (as Big Dave pointed out once) most of the time you can just ignore them.
Except occasionally you can't. Sorry but I can't think of an example.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

big dave

29th March 2009, 16:58
I think you can ignore the connection in this one Annie - just have it in the back of your mind that one day, like Trevor said, the connection might be relevant.

I blog the Toughie every day, if you are interested:

http://bigdave44.com/2009/03/24/toughie-no-116/
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

annie

29th March 2009, 17:08
Thanks Trevor and Big Dave, I've never been sure what the significance was. As for a daily dose of TT i've been doing this one since Tuesday and I haven't finished it yet!
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

big dave

29th March 2009, 17:16
Annie

Firefly - the setter of Toughie 116 - is one of my favourites. They are well worth the effort.

(... and he follows the blog himself, I'm pleased to say)

You nay also come across him in other puzzles as Glow-worm.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

annie

29th March 2009, 17:55
Hi Big Dave

Been reading your blog, I too got 1a and 1d straight away and thought I was on a roll. Your hints are very useful though and I shall carry on now to get the last half a dozen clues by sundown (got the extra hour). Very civilized way to spend a Sunday afternoon, many thanks.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post