CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kookaburra

11th September 2010, 12:50
Thanks for your persistence Sudokulover. My grid is looking much healthier. I have the ratlines, the nonagenarians and the Lappish but, I'm ashamed to say I'm still struggling with 10 down, in spite of your earlier suggestion. (I don't watch much TV). Perhaps a breakdown of the number of letters in each word might help.
51 of 59  -   Report This Post

ajt

11th September 2010, 12:54
It's a person's name, Kookaburra. Forget the number of individual letters for the moment. Deal is a type of? 6 letters -I understand that those cutting down trees shout this as the tree falls. Then 3 letter - almost a? (4-letter word) and then a nap abbreviated 4 letters - whold word is 5 letters. Hope this gives it to you.
52 of 59  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

11th September 2010, 12:55
10d try the "universal anagram solver" clue is (8,5) I don't know the show either, just vaguely heard of it.
53 of 59  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

11th September 2010, 12:57
AJT - I think you're in the wrong thread! Don't you mean the guardian?
54 of 59  -   Report This Post

ixion

11th September 2010, 13:00
lol - wrong xword AJT!
55 of 59  -   Report This Post

ajt

11th September 2010, 13:00
Oh, I'm so sorry - how stupid can you get. It's because that crossword is sitting in front of me. Sorry Kookaburre.

10 d is an anagram of organisthosts. It isn't Patrick Moore, but think of him, anyway
56 of 59  -   Report This Post

ixion

11th September 2010, 13:02
ulrikakakakakakakakaka!
57 of 59  -   Report This Post

kookaburra

11th September 2010, 13:07
Thanks Sudokulover. I haven't heard of Shooting Stars either but now I'm well on the way to cracking this puzzle.
Greetings AJT. Thanks for your comment too but it didn't turn on any light bulbs for me.
Perhaps I'll see more clearly in the morning.
58 of 59  -   Report This Post

clevertask

11th September 2010, 13:36
Well, thanks for the encouragement to do this, AJT. I've been doing a few AZEDs successfully for the last few weeks. This was probably slightly easier - no really weird words. I was a bit thrown at the end trying to find the unclued words, thinking perhaps they had similar meanings. Most enjoyable, I'll give next weeks a go if I can get past printing it out! I enjoyed your digression on the net inventor. I was reading it thinking 'this is familiar' - having done the Grauniad earlier!
59 of 59  -   Report This Post