CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

9th September 2010, 17:48
Thanks Ixion I'll go with the shading on the top line then!
31 of 59  -   Report This Post

daniel angel

9th September 2010, 19:58
Hi

Finished but want to check 14a

Is it leery?

Thanks

DJA
32 of 59  -   Report This Post

ixion

9th September 2010, 20:52
yes - leerie is a lamplighter in my Scots dictionary
33 of 59  -   Report This Post

kookaburra

10th September 2010, 06:48
G'day to all you Spectator wizards!
I actually managed to make a cracking start this week but now I'm up a gum tree and ready to fold the page into a dunce's cap.

34 of 59  -   Report This Post

ajt

10th September 2010, 07:19
Nil desperandum, Kookaburra - go through the whole of this thread carefully, and I'm sure you'll find all you need to finish it
35 of 59  -   Report This Post

kookaburra

10th September 2010, 07:35
Hi AJT
Many thanks for your encouragement ... and to think you found this crossword easy. I dips me lid to you.
I'll have another crack at it tonight.
36 of 59  -   Report This Post

ajt

10th September 2010, 08:07
Don't bother about the themed words until you've got the rest filled in. Come on - if I can do it, so can you. Want any hints?
37 of 59  -   Report This Post

crypto

10th September 2010, 23:11
Thanks to JimC for the link to the Spectator and to AJT for the prompt that this might be a good one to try as a first timer (that's me). I've had a go and just finished it. It's the hardest crossword I've ever done (I'm still a relative rookie) and I can only echo Kookaburra's comment that if you found it easy AJT then I also take my hat off to you. But then I knew you were good because of all the answers you provide. I think Mrs Crypto 'abhors' the amount of time I've spent on it.
38 of 59  -   Report This Post

ajt

10th September 2010, 23:18
Thank you for those kind words Crypto. I'm so pleased that what I said prompted you to try it. I bet you felt great when you'd finished it.
39 of 59  -   Report This Post

crypto

10th September 2010, 23:27
Cheers AJT - I'm probably too tired to appreciate it - I was just glad to finish it. It's been a long day, (decorating), so off to bed now. But thanks again for the prompt.
40 of 59  -   Report This Post