CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

laura

7th September 2010, 21:48
Hello.
I wonder if anyone could throw me a lifeline. I've just about completed the grid, and I have the theme, but I'm struggling with the second 'offering' and with how it destroys the status of the first.
Any help would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks.
Laura.x
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

tracey

7th September 2010, 21:49
GET LOST
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

tracey

7th September 2010, 21:49
GET LOST
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

anniec

7th September 2010, 21:55
Hello Laura - guessing that the lovely Tracey is our usual friend on this site! I'm afraid I'm no clearer than you - I've alomost ocmpleted the grid, have the word that the altered letters give but can't workl out the theme or the second offering. Can you tell me the theme to see if any pennies drop? Thanks
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

tony

7th September 2010, 22:06
See the 11 letter word running diagonally from
33 (bottom left) to 10 (top right)

Connect with the 8 letter word from the misprints.

Have you got the Fable concerned?
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

laura

7th September 2010, 22:15
Hi annie and tony.
It's such a shame that people are spoiling the forum. It really is offensive.
Annie, if you have 1across, and look at an Aesop fable, thinking about a specifc type of 'pondlife' I'm sure you'll pick up on it.
Tony, I've got the fable and as my grid is at the moment I'm missing a few letters in the bottom left corner. I have the word Goliath running on the diagonal, and I'm thinking renegotiate?I've not managed to get all of the misprints which I think is why I'm at a standstill.
Many thanks to both.
Laura.x
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

anniec

7th September 2010, 22:16
Thanks Tony - I now have the fable and see the diagonal (which I would not have seen in a million years!) I will now try to make sense of the "second offering" - but maybe tomorrow when my brain is livelier! I am struck dumb with admiration that you worked all that out!
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

tony

7th September 2010, 22:43
Hi Laura & anniec

Thanks for the kind remarks. I learned any solving abilities I have from K (late of this parish)

The 'misprint' word lives off the 11 letter (in some dictionaries 4 ,7).

Good luck.
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

fkin ate cheats

7th September 2010, 23:41
Laura, you've already won EV by cheating & then bragged about YOUR win. Now you're at it again(weekly)! Shame on you!
If its too difficult, give up & try a different crossword!
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

rosie

8th September 2010, 19:04
I am slowly making progress but just can't see

13a Lair of animals and birds not poorly lit inside. (5)
10 of 17  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Ev 931