CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caro

4th September 2010, 16:32
16d (9) Knight visiting capitals entered without obstruction.

I assume the answer is unclogged and I see the word play for the clogged part but how does the Knight fit in? Is it a chess term or am I just being really dense? Help please.
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

ixion

4th September 2010, 17:09
n stands for knight in chess notation - still don't understand ur answer though
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

the riddler

4th September 2010, 17:15
I can maybe see a case for UNBLOCKED which would account for that troublesome K but, as previoulsy stated I can't figure it out. Have you got all of the other letters?
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

caro

4th September 2010, 17:17
Thanks Ixion. I will remember the knight thing. Perhaps my answer is wrong but it fits the cross letters and it is tha last one and I am fed up with it. Going to deadhead the cosmos now before the rain comes.
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

twm

4th September 2010, 17:22
What is the Cosmos? Is it the big thing in which we all live, or some sort of flower?
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

caro

4th September 2010, 17:25
Thanks Riddler. I really do think my other letters are correct. The crossers are U-C-O-G-D (yoUve got me there) (arChimedes screw) O from cOnfab (prisoner cracking jaw) G from argue (Fit cases for, ultimately, debate) and D from aiDe de camp. These all look pretty sound. I thought it was unblocked til I had these crossers. Thanks for your time
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

caro

4th September 2010, 17:27
If only it was one cosmos - there are about 40 enormous ones after the last wet weeks. Look lovely though.
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

ixion

4th September 2010, 17:48

caro

4th September 2010, 17:54
Thanks, but why? I thought the logged bit was explained by logged = entered and perhaps the c was just from capitals. Never mind - I can always wait for next Saturdays blog by the Times for the Times experts.
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

caro

4th September 2010, 17:57
I liked the wiki link - thanks
10 of 17  -   Report This Post