CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT36

trevor/terry

1st September 2010, 07:56
Job done!
1 of 37  -   Report This Post

old gal

1st September 2010, 09:22
Thank God someone's posted!!!!! I thought you had all vanished into the ether after last week. Would miss you all.

Er... shouldn't really be posting as am off to Eire and not participating in the crossword this week but, hey, I'm old and its my birthday!! Good luck to everyone with the clues. AND BEHAVE.....
2 of 37  -   Report This Post

ajt

1st September 2010, 09:35
Happy Birthday, old gal. Enjoy your trip. AJT
3 of 37  -   Report This Post

helena

1st September 2010, 10:07
happy birthday, and behave yourself.
Helena
4 of 37  -   Report This Post

karen gardner

1st September 2010, 10:19
Enjoy your hols old gal- and Happy Birthday!
5 of 37  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

1st September 2010, 11:08
Happy Birthday, Old Gal, and make sure you sample the Black Stuff while you're there. I will be back in due course.
6 of 37  -   Report This Post

bees

1st September 2010, 13:28
Happy birthday, Old Gal!
I thought the puzzle was strange this week. Instead of working out the answers, it was more a case of guess the answer and then invent a justification for it.
Am I talking twaddle? Probably.
7 of 37  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

1st September 2010, 14:20
You're quite right, Bees, because I thought exactly the same. I don't like it when a compiler uses a construct where the number '1' is represented by the letter 'I' so you can guess that I'm not amused to find that it's been done twice in 1d and 21d - or should that be in Id and 2Id?
8 of 37  -   Report This Post

bees

1st September 2010, 14:29
Forbidden Planet - Monsters from the Id! One shouldn't let them get one down.
9 of 37  -   Report This Post

philip

1st September 2010, 17:49
Happy birthday from me also Old Gal. Hope you enjoy your trip

Because of the Bank Holiday the postman only delivered the RT at lunch time, so only had an hour or so to spend on it. Didnt actually find it too bad, but agree with Caravaggio about the use of 1 instead of I.
Also agree that some of the answers are a bit tenuous in relation to the clues, but whats new?
Best clue is 7d Play at Christmas 7.5
PHILIP
10 of 37  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT36