CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

silly boy

22nd August 2010, 15:13
What is the actual clue ?
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

bharath

22nd August 2010, 15:24
The clue itself says it is an anagram of "beat alum" and the crossing letters also have AM?U?A?E. It was a straight forward clue. But with google I am unable to find the word for "Head quarters of British Archery" which has anything to do with the letters "beat alum". That is why I am seeking the help of the forum.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

bharath

22nd August 2010, 15:25
The first sentence itself of my first mail itself is the actual wordings from the crossword.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

silly boy

22nd August 2010, 15:32
Bharat ..... Which crossword in the Guardian is it please ? I can't find it ! lol ;o)
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

bharath

23rd August 2010, 02:19
It appears in Newspaper from India. That is why you don't find it in UK.
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

chrisg

23rd August 2010, 08:16
Hi Bharath. I have tried to find this paper online and it is not available. I assume that this is the new weekly paper launched this year in India. Can you give us the other clues which make up the letters you have so far?...this might help in solving this one.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

bharath

24th August 2010, 12:35
Hi Chris
Actually it appears in Deccan Chronicle Sunday Magazine newspaper in India. But the crossword there is mostly got from Guardian with some arrangement and some of the clues modified to get the Indian places/people etc. All the cutting letters are correct. The clue itself is straight forward. "Beat Alum" anagram the clue itself says with a question mark? I have reproduced the exact sentence with punctuation in my first mail. I tried to google for Head Quarters of Archery and I am no where near any place which has the alphabets "Beat Alum".
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

jo

24th August 2010, 13:30
Think policemen
10 of 11  -   Report This Post

karen

24th August 2010, 16:51
Ambulate (to walk around)
11 of 11  -   Report This Post