CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jean

19th March 2009, 11:48
Cant understand13a 10d 26a
Help
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

philip

19th March 2009, 12:21
It would help if you gave those of us who are not Guardian readers a clue, including no of letters and any letters you already have
Philip
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

jean

19th March 2009, 13:59
Guardian crossword 24647
clue.among the damned,batsman bowled illegally at Norfolk river to get ship with female-she queried priority of arrival in ruthless rhyme
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

big dave

19th March 2009, 20:05
Try verse four of Ruthless Rhymes by Harry Graham

http://tomeemayeepa.wordpress.com/2006/09/14/ruthless-rhymes-by-harry-graham-and-others/

The batsman is Lara - I'm sure you can work out the rest.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

20th March 2009, 08:20
Good morning to you all.

I have visited the site you recommended, Big Dave, and I have the answer - as you had predicted - but how on earth did you know where to find it?

On more than one occasion, I have said that my favourite poet was Roald Dahl ['Dirty Beasts'; 'Revolting Rhymes'] and Harry Graham seems to have been mentored by Dahl!

I can empathise with Jean because I wouldn't have known where to have started without your guidance.

Regards,

Caravaggio
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

big dave

20th March 2009, 11:48
Good Morning, Caravaggio and Jean

The question intrigued me so I downloaded the whole puzzle from here: http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-files/Guardian/documents/2009/03/13/xwPrize090314_24647.pdf

I then realised that it was part of 2 linked clues and set about getting some checking letters. Having got as far as "The rugged mountains" as a guess for part of the 25, 20, 12 set then google did the rest.

Altogether a very enjoyable puzzle, for which I thank Jean as without her question I would not have found it.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post