CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

quizbag

20th August 2010, 11:23
I know this is not a crossword question but does anyone please know what has happened to the IQAGB quizzing site? Many thanks.
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

mark

20th August 2010, 13:16
www.iqagb.co.uk, a UK trivia website that had continuous quiz games, the British Quiz Grand Prix circuit and information on pub quizzing, seems to be dead. Accessing it gives an error:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

mark

20th August 2010, 13:22
Regarding that reference to PHP in the error:

PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML.

3 of 11  -   Report This Post

quizbag

20th August 2010, 16:37
Thank you Mark
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

harrhy

20th August 2010, 16:58
If you put in:
www.iqagb.com
you do get through to a quiz database. Not sure how its related to the one you are looking for
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

quizbag

20th August 2010, 18:09
Thanks. I have tried that but can't get back to the original site.
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

puzzled

20th August 2010, 20:10
I've been in touch with the moderator - the site is being revamped and should be up and running soon.
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

puzzled

20th August 2010, 20:18
Following on from my last post - there is now this message on the website:

Hello!
The Quizzing.co.uk website has been taken down while we rebuild it. The super-swish, new one will be here soon, but in the meantime, we have set up a forum on Facebook. The forum has continuous quiz and discussion, so you can still get your quizzing fix and news.

Full details are also available about the British Quizzing Championships in Derby over the first week of September.

Jane and Chris x
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

quizbag

20th August 2010, 21:00
Thank you Puzzled. I have been suffering withdrawal symptoms without my daily fix. How sad am I!
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

john

1st September 2010, 10:39
I'm reliably informed that the Quizzing website will be out of action until some time in October: it's been found necessary to improve the security of the site, because of postings made by idiots.
10 of 11  -   Report This Post