CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anniec

19th August 2010, 12:49
Two queries: I have completd many of the clues and got the required amendment to entries but I am no nearer the quotation which runs round the perimeter. Any hints?

And a straightforward clue question - "Stress flow round lake " 5 Letters contains a T and an L

Many thanks
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th August 2010, 13:10
tilde ??
I think is an accent or stress mark in some languages. might be wrong.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

tony

19th August 2010, 13:14
Google 'thief & 'time' for the 'proverb' in the perimeter.
Don't forget the theme applies to the perimeter words just as it does for all the clues.
Therefore the first word is reduced from 15 letters to 13.

6d (T) ilde

Come back if you are still stuck.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

tony

19th August 2010, 13:20
Annie I should have added that the two sources of the quotation must be entered in the perimeter after the adjusted quotation.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

anniec

19th August 2010, 13:49
Thanks to you both for these - tilde is a new one on me!

I worked out the proverb from your thief and time Tony and I know a source is E Young - a clue the other source as my entered letters aren't helping any? Thanka again
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

tony

19th August 2010, 14:04
Annie I 'highlighted' the other source in my previous posting!
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

anniec

19th August 2010, 14:28
Thanks again Tony - being a bit thick today and I was vainly looking for another person for the source. It took several minutes for me to see the correlation between the letters in the grid and in your posting! I must leave the cooking sherry alone in the afternoon!
7 of 7  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 928