CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » help

mamya

19th August 2010, 11:45
I am quite disappointed by the above back biting, of course we have no way of knowing if a question posed is a wind up or not, but surely a simple reply or as has been suggested to ignore it, is the best course of action.
I have just read of another poster, who is now reluctant to join our usually happy band,we are only going to turn this forum into a place where people may fear to tread, let,s be nice.
I know we get some wind up merchants on mid week, but we cannot presume a simple question is from them all the time.
13 of 21  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th August 2010, 13:28
I don't recall "t" answering any queries,i think "t" is a wind up.
Either that or just an ignorant ****.
14 of 21  -   Report This Post

t

19th August 2010, 15:07
And I don't recall answering this query as posted above:
Please advise how anyone with even the minutest glimmerings of intelligence could get the O and S but be unable to fill in the 4 blanks without help?

15 of 21  -   Report This Post

ixion

19th August 2010, 15:40
t

Lauren gave the number of letters and letters in place - more than you've managed!
16 of 21  -   Report This Post

t

19th August 2010, 15:59
But vexatiously omitted to detail the source of the clue. Do you really think there was one?
17 of 21  -   Report This Post

crypto

19th August 2010, 16:47
t

I'm amazed that you can be so judgemental based on a simple posting that a person has no intelligence and that it is vexatious. For all you know this could be a young kid trying to do her first crossword - frankly you are very insulting. I'm very much in the camp that you should keep your thoughts to yourself and certainly not use this forum as a medium for maligning others.
18 of 21  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th August 2010, 17:06
i am a clue therefore i exist.(dear oh dear,am i really going to post that? -we'll see!)
does it really matter where when why or how a clue gets onto this forum? if you find it beneath you then ignore it,don't mock.

Just a little bit of imagination could help you sympathise with any level of clues.

one of the smartest people i know once answered "Ted" instead of "Toy" to the clue "childs plaything"

She could rip you to shreds on any subject you care to choose.

yours vexatiously. t(revor)

ps. can't you use a different letter so people don't think you are me?
c maybe?

19 of 21  -   Report This Post

terry

19th August 2010, 19:38
Most of the seriously unpleasant and the utterly puerile postings are a direct result of people using a different name to their normal one. Regular users are probably the biggest offenders.

If you have got something to say why not use your normal name? Because you don't want to be seen for the mean-minded bigot you sometimes are. Or you want to have an argument or put the boot in but remain anonymous - like the author of poison pen letters.

The only way this can be more or less stopped is if users have to register (like AB). Do people want to have to do so.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for a frank exchange of views. But you should at least have the guts to attack someone openly and not be a back stabbing spineless shit.
20 of 21  -   Report This Post

mamya

19th August 2010, 19:46
I agree totally that hiding behind a false name is pointless and quite cowardly and frankly would not waste my time.
I would be prepared to register, just hope this is a blip and does not continue.
Mamya
21 of 21  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » help