CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sunny

17th August 2010, 18:57
Is The Christians and Muslims God the Same God?
1 of 19  -   Report This Post

tricia

17th August 2010, 21:15
There is only one God. Christians believe that Jesus is the Son of God and is God, Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet and they do respect him.
There are lots of sources on-line for you enquiry.
2 of 19  -   Report This Post

styx ferryman

17th August 2010, 22:52
Perhaps there is no God and all those believers are living in fantasy land.

The fact that a believer is happier than a sceptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.
-- Bernard Shaw, Androcles and the Lion, Preface (1916)
3 of 19  -   Report This Post

mark

17th August 2010, 22:56
God is Dog backwards.
4 of 19  -   Report This Post

terry

17th August 2010, 23:05
Tricia, can you prove your first statement? Do you not believe in Zeus, Apollo, Amon, Ra, Baal, Thor and Wotan? Or are you an atheist when it comes to these Gods?
5 of 19  -   Report This Post

terry

17th August 2010, 23:10
terry,
Who are you. You are not me.
6 of 19  -   Report This Post

colin (swansea jack)

18th August 2010, 08:17
As a 'believer' the way I look at is quite simple.
If I am wrong and non believers are right - then I have lost nothing, however, if I am right and 'non belivers' are wrong, then they have lost everything!
Have a nice day.
Blessings.
7 of 19  -   Report This Post

chris

18th August 2010, 08:59
I too take 'The Book' as fact, and Gandalf is a Prophet.
Oh! don't tell me I'm reading the wrong 'Book'. Surely it's just as valid as yours!
8 of 19  -   Report This Post

agnost

18th August 2010, 12:00
Belief in a god(s) has always been a convenient method of expressing our awareness of our lack of knowledge/understanding of the forces at work in our universe.

This belief is relatively harmless and inconsequential - the same thing unfortunately cannot be said of religion.

9 of 19  -   Report This Post

angela

18th August 2010, 12:57
Interesting choice of the good book Chris, written by J. R. R. Tolkien - who was a devout Christian.
10 of 19  -   Report This Post