CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT34

mondrian

19th August 2010, 17:22
Hello Bees. I haven`t met you before. I must have joined while you were away. I wish the diamonds would dawn on me!!
29 of 37  -   Report This Post

terry

19th August 2010, 18:59
Mondrian,

Anagram of "don't" around popular name for diamonds. Means to see.
30 of 37  -   Report This Post

bees

19th August 2010, 20:09
Hi Mondrian, welcome to the (usually) happy band.
Hi Philip, I'm glad somebody misses me, it doesn't happen much around here. I've just spent a couple of weeks in some foreign field which was, temporarily, England. Avec les fourmis, les guepes, les chauve-souris (I think) et un serpent. And lots and lots of wine. Great!
31 of 37  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

20th August 2010, 10:09
Hi all,

Just got back yesterday from a week in Cheshire (well Derbyshire actually but only a couple of miles from the border) and finished it last night. All fairly easy but I didn't like 9A & 17D. I still don't see the wordplay for 9A but there's only one answer that makes sense.

I also think it's an insult to Lord Sebastian after all his achievements with the Olympics to call him a snake. No, I'm only joking, but there are two European cities which fit the answer, one near the Po and the other near the Rhine.
32 of 37  -   Report This Post

philip

20th August 2010, 11:50
John
Yes but only one fits the "snake". Its a bit constricting
PHILIP
33 of 37  -   Report This Post

(1,6,3,1,4)

20th August 2010, 19:25
@J(from A):

9A - Another word for 'brave' without the first letter (it's an 'h') followed by 'a'. The main clue is just 'third symphony' rather than 'a third symphony'
34 of 37  -   Report This Post

4,(4,5)

20th August 2010, 21:54
Thanks, I had completely the wrong answer which meant "a threesome" rather than "third" and it's also part of The Seasons by Tchaikovsky. That's two clues this week with potential multiple answers.
35 of 37  -   Report This Post

mondrian

23rd August 2010, 10:40
Good morning everyone. Thanks for the help Terry about the diamonds clue. Actually after asking for help and when I woke the next morning the answer was staring me in the face. Like Bees, it is so obvious when one has the answer!! By the way thanks Bees for the welcome. I am glad to join the happy band and I am getting better at doing the crosswords.

Cheshire does seem to be the centre of activity - even having a visit from John (from Arran). I am miles away but have visited Cheshire and I hope the lovely black/white double decker row of shops is still thriving. Heard on the news that the hosepipe ban has now been lifted.

Looking forward to getting started to No 34 tomorrow.
36 of 37  -   Report This Post

mondrian

23rd August 2010, 11:06
Obviously I mean No 35.
37 of 37  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT34