CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

megan

13th August 2010, 20:44
I would appreciate some help with regards to purchasing a copy of Chambers Dictionary. I've looked on Amazon and there are numerous ones for sale for different years. I want the most up to date one so can someone please point me in the right direction to obtaining one.
1 of 33  -   Report This Post

the joker

13th August 2010, 20:57
Suggest you contact Mamya who has very recently bought a new one,which she has now knitted a jacket for.(I think in fair-isle!)
2 of 33  -   Report This Post

mamya

13th August 2010, 21:01
I have recently purchased the Chambers 11th Edition (thumb index) I love it so much I have made it a full wardrobe now! Think it was about £25, a real treat.
3 of 33  -   Report This Post

mamya

13th August 2010, 21:04
A good way to help with crossword clues is to put them in the Word Wizard and then check the results for meanings in your hard copy.

http://www.chambersharrap.co.uk/chambers/puzzles/word_wizards/wwizards.py/main
4 of 33  -   Report This Post

megan

13th August 2010, 21:19
Thanks Mamya for your help. The 11th edition ( Thumb index ) was the one I saw on Amazon so will go for that one. Will certainly have a look at the word wizard.
Thanks also to The Joker.
Can I borrow your pattern for knitting the cover ? !!
5 of 33  -   Report This Post

the joker

13th August 2010, 21:40
Megan.I don't use patterns,all done by memory.
6 of 33  -   Report This Post

mamya

13th August 2010, 21:48
Well if you don,t mind that is private between me and MR Chambers, has his own bed too♥ Am sure if you Google dictionary fashion and accessories there will be others out there.!!
7 of 33  -   Report This Post

megan

13th August 2010, 21:55
Oh sorry Mamya - wouldn't wish to intrude on your private goings on with MR Chambers - actually think I will crochet it and get a neater finish
Just to finish - book now ordered.
8 of 33  -   Report This Post

the joker

13th August 2010, 22:04
Mamya,This is so typical of the modern emancipated woman these days.
Replacing the older with a newer version and no doubt putting the old into the recycling bin.
A bit like taking a toy boy.Ah that's his fate after so many years of loyal service to you.
How do you think he feels?
TJ
9 of 33  -   Report This Post

mamya

13th August 2010, 22:12
I do not recycle the men in my life, had mine for 35 years and ne'er a crossword, but now I am alone I have bought a Mr Chambers to see me through the lonely nights (never had one before)A comfort of sorts. LOL

Mamya ♥
10 of 33  -   Report This Post