CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sammy

7th August 2010, 16:57
I didn't actually work it all out once I had got the word! However, I saw it as being along the lines of indicating the tips of words - so the beginning and/or end letters of words such as DIET, GREEN, YOGHURT etc. As I say, I didn't really work out all the detail of it.
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

sammy

7th August 2010, 17:16
Jolan, Having looked at it again since you asked me about it, I'm wondering if the "green" reference might be LAWN (written in reverse in TYNWALD). That leaves TYD. YT from the end letters of yoghurt in reverse. D from DIET. Or possibly DT from DIET and Y from yoghurt.
10 of 17  -   Report This Post

jolan

7th August 2010, 17:21
By golly, Sammy. I think you've got it! And the 'tips' is the reverser. More like " Solve The Clue "rather than "here's the clue, solve it for the answer". Reminds me of the 'dreadful' Times crossies. Well thought out!
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

joplan

7th August 2010, 17:23
OOOps! It IS a Times crossie. I've just noticed.
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

me

7th August 2010, 17:29
a diet is a parliament
ultimately included = d
green = lawn
yoghurt (not filling) = yt
dlawnyt tipped = tynwald
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

jolan

7th August 2010, 17:33
SOOPAH!
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

peters

7th August 2010, 18:41
The Isle of Man's diet (council) is The Tynwald. 'tips' triggers 'turn upside down' empty 'yoghurt' = YT; 'green' = LAWN; ''ultimately included' = D (last letter).
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

peters

7th August 2010, 18:44
Sorry. I didn't read page 2!
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

sammy

7th August 2010, 20:26
It's funny how I misinterpreted "tips" as referring to the beginning and end letters of the words rather than reversal of the order of letters. But it all worked out in the end!
17 of 17  -   Report This Post