CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gmb

6th August 2010, 18:12
22(a)Charge unit if hairband is seen regularly (5)
Can anybody help please?
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th August 2010, 18:15
farad
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

gmb

6th August 2010, 18:21
Thank you ixion, I have never heard of a 'farad' so would never have solved that clue. Thanks again.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

chris

6th August 2010, 19:06
Farads are the SI unit for charge. Used in capcacitance- mico farad, pic fara etc. But that's not hte reasons I entered this thread. Being a cheapskate, can you tell me if the Radio Times crossword is available online?
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

chris

6th August 2010, 19:09
Please excuse my spelling. Cheap laptop, shit keyboard. please feel free to insert any missing letters where required.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th August 2010, 19:30
Don't think the RT Xword is online.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

6th August 2010, 19:40
Hi,
There is already one R.T.32 sequence going. Please don't let me have to look at more than one.
Be goog.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

6th August 2010, 20:56
I'd love to try and be goog if only I knew what it was!
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

6th August 2010, 21:03
Chris scrieved:

Farads are the SI unit for charge. Used in capcacitance- mico farad, pic fara etc. ......

As was pointed out in the real RT32 thread, the Farad is the unit of capacitance. It's the Coulomb which is the unit of charge. I guess we can't expect the RT compiler to be very technical, but if s/he had used Google they would have found http://www.chemie.fu-berlin.de/chemistry/general/si_en.html">this page
9 of 9  -   Report This Post