CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les

1st August 2010, 22:03
I've finished it, but having trouble understanding 3 answers, I may have got them wrong, see what you think. 2d)How no material was had by chance.(9)U---C-I-Y. 3d)Game opening bowler can change with first over.(5) B---O. 9a)Blank paper could be thus plain.(7) U-----D. I'm trying Unluckily,Bingo, and Unlined. Am I right and if so. Why?
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

1st August 2010, 22:15
3d)Game opening bowler can change with first over.(5)

I think that this is BANCO - B and O with an anagram of CAN, an alternative name for Bunco.
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

diana

1st August 2010, 22:19
It's banco---I think, b from bowler, o first of over, +can changed. Banco is a game.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

les

1st August 2010, 22:23
I checked BANCO first because of the anagram of CAN but only got a definition about monetry units (Chambers dict), Thats why I thought of BINGO (game), I'd never heard of Bunco. Cheers Bullfrog
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

the joker

2nd August 2010, 00:36
Les
BANCO is a form of Baccarat,its full name is Punto Banco.
Your other two answers look correct.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

les

2nd August 2010, 00:47
Cheers TJ. It was an easy clue to get the word Banco. But as I said earlier, I just never heard of it before and couldn't find a definition, so was trying to look too deep into it. Thanks for the info about it being a card game. I'll stick that rascal in the memory banks for future ref.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

lynn

4th August 2010, 13:16
what is 5a and 6d ?
the last two that I can't do.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

chrisg

4th August 2010, 13:21
Lynn. 5A Exploit 6d Primroses
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

pete k

6th August 2010, 09:23