CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT31

philip

27th July 2010, 14:35
Hello everyone
It took me longer than usual this week, due to some truly horrendous clues, so if you are struggling, I suspect you are not alone
I would rate this one of the worst for really poorly constructed clues for a long long time and just as we thought the compiler was reading this site and taking hints from our comments.
Perhaps the only good clue was
6a Does penguin ever expect to embrace legendary queen? (9)
I wont bother to repeat the poor clues, but they are 3d,19d,and 5d for those who get the RT

Going to pack now for my visit to Cheshire tomorrow. Had a bit of trouble getting the visa and apparently, the currency (Cheshire Cronies) were all used up last week, so hope they take the euro!

PHILIP
1 of 84  -   Report This Post

philip (again)

27th July 2010, 14:41
Hello again.
Just been on the other site to find that one person has asked for nearly half the clues, and believe it or not the first request was at 6.59 this morning. I really cant believe that people can be so desperate to win a DVD, without at least trying to solve the puzzle themselves. Where is the pride or satisfaction in that? t least on this site we try to help people, as indeed I was helped when I first started, by giving alternative clues.
Or am I just getting old?
PHILIP
2 of 84  -   Report This Post

karen

27th July 2010, 15:10
Hi Philip. I agree with you its fun giving and receiving hints and tips. Could you tell me please whats the "other site"?
3 of 84  -   Report This Post

jimc

27th July 2010, 15:15
Hi Philip.

If the answer to your clue   -   "Or am I just getting old?"   -   is 7 letters, the answer

might be:

pharaoh

I can hear the groans already!

JimC
4 of 84  -   Report This Post

philip

27th July 2010, 15:45
Jim C GROAN!
Karen Its Answerbank, but its for cheats really who cant be bothered to solve the clues themselves. No banter - just straight answers
PHILIP
5 of 84  -   Report This Post

karen

27th July 2010, 16:00
Thanks Philip. Think I'll stay with this one! Found 31 very tricky. Agree 6a clue was good though and I liked 5d.Karen
6 of 84  -   Report This Post

chris4food

27th July 2010, 16:10
Hi All, raced along with it this week - and then got stuck...... with the last five. 3d puzzles me - I've got an answer, but don't see the why.... Will sruggle on for the nonce [are you allowed to use that word now, given its rather dubious connotations????]
Hey, Karen, have you received your DVD player yet??
7 of 84  -   Report This Post

philip

27th July 2010, 16:39
Chris
3d is a poor construct.
Fray= wear
il= the
t= town
PHILIP
8 of 84  -   Report This Post

karen

27th July 2010, 16:44
Hi Chris,no nothing as yet. There must be 2 of me!
9 of 84  -   Report This Post

chris4food

27th July 2010, 17:01
Thanks, Philip - that's what I'd got - see what you mean by poor clue - I usually think poor me!!
Cheers
10 of 84  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT31