CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chris

23rd July 2010, 18:23
Could somebody please help me out of my despair? I normally can finish this crossword within 1/2 Hr, but have today found myself needing to use the solver option, for the top left corner. I.e. 1,12 across and 1,3 down. I'd be grateful for any answers and the reason why. Please note this query is directed at current Times Crossword solvers only, which is why no clues etc. have been submitted.
Thanks in advance for any help forthcoming.
1 of 40  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd July 2010, 18:36
how odd.Your choice of course.
Maybe you shoud start a new forum for Times Crossword solvers only.Although you'd stand a much better chance of getting an answer on this forum (with the clues of course).
2 of 40  -   Report This Post

c

23rd July 2010, 20:10
Can anybody help me out of my desperate situation please? I have my head stuck quite firmly up my bottom and keep going round in a circle.
No time wasters please. Only qualified proctologists in my area(with a loud voice)need
bother.
I am at my swits end!!!
3 of 40  -   Report This Post

terry

23rd July 2010, 20:18
If you could at least get your ears out of your bottom then listen to Trevor's good advice. Give the clues.
4 of 40  -   Report This Post

c

23rd July 2010, 20:21
beg your pardon Petrie?
5 of 40  -   Report This Post

ajt

23rd July 2010, 20:21
Is this a joke?
In case it's not - I haven't finished the xword yet, but 1d is IMMORTAL - Bad, immoral, includes time.
12 ac is RESIZES. i.e. sleevless dress - dress without sides, res, 1 = i, endless relish - zes.

3d is a musical term - SFORZANDO.
1ac seems to be IMPOST, which is a tax, but I don't see the wordplay
6 of 40  -   Report This Post

caro

23rd July 2010, 22:04
Have you considered using the community.livejournal.com/times-xwd-times site?
Just add the particular xword you need. It not only gives all the answers but explains them too and bloggers discuss the word play. It is really useful if you are a learner or just having a hard time on one particular crossword. You can always just read the first few answers and then go it alone.
7 of 40  -   Report This Post

chris

23rd July 2010, 22:05
Thanks AJT. My apologies to Trevor and Co. Did you not read the header? Whilst appreciating your input ,this query was obviosly not aimed at you . Even though I have in the past relied on your input, on minor crosswords, the Times is a crssword to which I have never before have needed to ask for help, rather non clompletition. I Know it's sad , but thats me!
8 of 40  -   Report This Post

trevor

23rd July 2010, 23:30
yes,chris,I read your very ambiguous header. So you normally finish the Times in 1/2 hour but need to ask answers for "minor" xwords.
Honestly, please tell me why you would only want answers from people doing the same thing as you?

that seems either,irrational,bigoted or stupid (i presume it is not just laziness because you typed a lot)
once again - how come it is ok for AJT to give you answers,but not somebody who doesn't do the same crossword as you?
Are you mental?(ask a friend).

9 of 40  -   Report This Post

chris

24th July 2010, 09:05
Thanks for your witty input Trevor. In reply I can only say that according to the doctors here, I am not mental per se, but that it is just a passing abberation, and they will let me out within a year or two.
10 of 40  -   Report This Post