CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lucy

22nd July 2010, 20:53
What was built by a company with less than ten builders (7)

????i??
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

leslie

22nd July 2010, 21:18
Need more letters.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

lucy

22nd July 2010, 23:05
Sadly I only have one letter and as its the last clue I have no chance of getting any more. The word EDIFICE (building) fits but can't make it fit the other part of the clue
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

crypto

22nd July 2010, 23:46
Possibly aconine i.e a + co (company) + nine (less than ten). It's a medical term not sure what it means but it may have something to do with builders in the sense of improving / ptotecting the body.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

lucy

23rd July 2010, 19:16
Hi Crypto - thanks for the suggestion - I can see where you are coming from but still struggling to find a meaning connected to builders. I still keep thinking I am missing something important!
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

terry

23rd July 2010, 20:22
This clue was in the daily mail within the last two weeks. Can't remember what the answer was but there were at least three more given letters and with them the answer was apparent.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

lucy

23rd July 2010, 21:20
Terry - thanks for taking the trouble to reply - as this is the last clue and I am really keen ti finish it I had a quick look around the Daily
Mail online site but it didn't help. Wonder if anyone else out there remembers it?
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

lucy

24th July 2010, 12:38
Could it be UTILITY?
8 of 8  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Cryptic