I don't know if there is anyone out there doing this quiz but I am stuck on a few. 10 left out of a 100.
The answers include the name of a real or fictional person.
1. Commander who went down in history in 1912 (4, 5) Thinking Titanic but name does not fit.
2. Aube. Very funny time of day (4,5)
3. What patrons of Britian's first horse rental business got (7,6)
4. A local miner's town in the North East (8)
5.When his charges went up stacks came down (7,5)
6. It inmates are supposed to stand around like dummies (6,8)
7. Quite interesting these two are in the introduction (7,6, & 7,11)
8. Promiting a change in dress standards for women put this 19th century newspaper editor's name into the fashion directory (6,5,7)
9. Jewels of eclipses? (6,5)
10, It's definitely no longer powerful, but opinions differ as to whether it's now artful (4,6)
Should be grateful of any help please.