CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

laura

20th July 2010, 21:33
Hello. I'm really not getting on well with the ev this week. I just wondered if anyone was around to drop me some hints. I'm getting there with the bottom right corner but I still don't have the theme jumping out at me.
Any guidance would be a great help.
Many thanks
laura.x
1 of 20  -   Report This Post

karen

20th July 2010, 21:52
Hi, the usual request. The clue,number of letters, any letters you already have. Then others can help!
2 of 20  -   Report This Post

laura

20th July 2010, 22:17
Sorry to have been vague with my request. But it would be difficult for you to help without the puzzle, as it's very thematic. I've driven myself crazy with it over he last couple of days, as I do with the Ev every week. Many thanks.
Laura.x
3 of 20  -   Report This Post

k

20th July 2010, 22:32
Hi Laura

The right hand top corner and the left bottom corner will yield a four word phrase which should give you the theme.
4 of 20  -   Report This Post

karen

20th July 2010, 22:35
Hi again dont kwow what EV is
5 of 20  -   Report This Post

k

20th July 2010, 22:39
EV stands for Enigmatic Variations and is a themed bar gridded crossword in the Sunday Telegraph.
In this weeks we have a theme within a theme which makes it more difficult than usual.
It is usually suitable for the more experienced solver.
6 of 20  -   Report This Post

ajt

20th July 2010, 22:45
To K: Haven't seen you for a few days, K. Are you well? I noticed that on Answerbank someone was wondering where you were.
7 of 20  -   Report This Post

k

20th July 2010, 22:49
Hi AJT

I was AWOL for a few days and went to watch the golf in Scotland.
As you say I was in a bit of trouble over on Abank!
8 of 20  -   Report This Post

laura

20th July 2010, 22:59
Hi k. Hope you are well. I'm not doing too well I those corners, which is obviously why I'm drawing a blank. I've had the dictionary at hand all afternoon! I read answerbank as well, and your help really is invaluable. I, appreciate your help greatly as I'm sure many others do. It's a wonderful thing to have somebody to ask for help.
Many thanks.
Laura.x
9 of 20  -   Report This Post

k

20th July 2010, 23:08
Hi Laura

If you can solve 5,6,33 &34 d you should be able to find the 4 worded clue to the theme. Elsewhere there are a couple of anagrams, a hidden word and a partial anagram.

Thanks for your kind comments.
10 of 20  -   Report This Post