CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT30

nimrod

20th July 2010, 13:45
Now have delivery of Rt on Tuesday, and with not being at work today have completed in 35 mins (ish). So I thought that I would start the thread this week. Rather excited and proud to be in a position to do so. My crossword skills have certainly developed over the last 8-9 months! Possibly, a lot of anagrams this week (?), which has meant that the scrabble letters have been pushed around a fair bit on the table.
Best clues 2d & 14d. I thought that 6d was vague and was the last clue to be answered.
1 of 65  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

20th July 2010, 16:17
Well done. I am wondering if bitumen stays.Haven't really started yet. Usually finished by Friday.
2 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

20th July 2010, 16:48
That's good going, Nimrod! I've been unable to get out into the garden because of the weather and find it ironic that United Utilities implement a hosepipe ban and it doesn't seem to have stopped raining since... Now, funnily enough, I quite liked 6d.
3 of 65  -   Report This Post

nimrod

20th July 2010, 17:10
Many thanks Caravaggio and Flipper2law. Yes, here in Cheshire, it is the start of the school summer holidays, so expect more rain!! On reflection 6d wasn't that bad a clue, just that I missed the clue for some time!
4 of 65  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

20th July 2010, 17:58
I'm in Cheshire too, Nimrod, so I didn't have to tell you about the irony of having a hosepipe ban!
5 of 65  -   Report This Post

helena

20th July 2010, 17:59
Gosh-I-live-in-Cheshire-as-well
6 of 65  -   Report This Post

philip

20th July 2010, 18:19
and I am going to Cheshire next week!! Have not started yet as I have been enjoying the summer sun here in Surrey
PHILIP
7 of 65  -   Report This Post

nimrod

20th July 2010, 18:40
Cheshire is obviously the place to be!! With apologies to John (from Arran)
8 of 65  -   Report This Post

philip

20th July 2010, 18:54
Just finished - about half an hour. Found it quite dull this week, and I am still struggling to see the relevance of smack in relation to 16a

"Smack learner in kind act" 7

Best clue 5d - Programme ends with novel twist (4)

PHILIP
9 of 65  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

20th July 2010, 19:50
Hi'
a 'smack'of is used sometimes as a taste of; or is that just 'up north'
Just got the second piece: and of linen and I have cracked it this week. Fell for the early worms!!!
Cheers
10 of 65  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT30