CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

andy

20th July 2010, 10:17
Final clue! 5d Difficult situation time after time
accepted by prophet (3,4) H-T/-E-T. I presume the answer is HOT/SEAT but can't see the prophet!!
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

crypto

20th July 2010, 10:18
Hosea was a prophet
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

andy

20th July 2010, 10:22
Cheers Crypto, speedy as usual! Off to Wikipedia now to read up on prophets.....not!!
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

crypto

20th July 2010, 10:25
Don't worry - I had to look it up!
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

andy

20th July 2010, 10:30
Crypto, I have been doing cryptics for some years now with moderate success and rate the Times jumbo as the best. Thoughts?
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

crypto

20th July 2010, 10:34
I'm not really the best judge because I haven't been doing cryptics for very long and haven't ever tried the Times. It's only recently that I've had a bit more time (recovering from major op) but haven't graduated much past the Daily Mail. Did the Guardian Genius recently following debate on this site. Might now have a go at the Times based on your comment!
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

andy

20th July 2010, 10:48
Crypto, well let me wish you well for a speedy recovery. I find the Times excellent if time consuming! Good luck.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

bluemoon2

20th July 2010, 23:10
Soldier on with your cryptic tasks. We were all once initiates. The more you do it the better you get.I remember sending in my first Times Jumbo in the mid 400's and I've sent in every one since , apart from the 6 weeks we've been unable to get the Tlmes because we've been at sea on a cruise!
8 of 8  -   Report This Post