CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

puzzled

18th July 2010, 17:46
For those of you who aren't aware - Kemlo is already asking questions from a postal quiz which only arrived three days ago - the closing date isn't until August 13. Please would you all give him time to try and work out his own answers ? Thanks.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

18th July 2010, 18:05
Hi Puzzled.

I understand your sentiment & request.

Would you let me know whether the quiz in question (whatever it is) is raising money for a recognized charity?

TIA.
JimC
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

puzzled

18th July 2010, 18:07
HI Jimc - no it isn't for a recognised charity - they are from prize quizzes Great Brain Quiz or Great Fun Quiz.
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

herewigo

18th July 2010, 18:11
From past threads...

kemlo

I don't do this quiz, but have seen it posted on many websites. It is obviously proving impossible to answer as the question is so vague. I am just intrigued to find out the answer.
Post 4 of 13Posted: 1st July 2010, 15:54
terry
Kemlo,
all the more reason not to answer it on here. Some-one who can answer it themself will stand a better chance of winning.
Post 5 of 13Posted: 1st July 2010, 16:14
Kemlo - (the original one)
Until today I signed myself as Kemlo on this site - now I see that someone else has chosen the same name.
I know that imitation is the sincerest of flattery but it doesn't feel like that.
I'd've imagined that whoever runs this site (and I have enjoyed learning lots on it) would have filtered attempts to duplicate names, perhaps using e-mail addresses to filter them...but it's probably one of those smashing self-regulating "events" which works a treat till this sort of things happens. Anyway, it wasn't me!
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

18th July 2010, 18:35
Hi again.

Other than the 'too early to ask' factor and that Kemlo (or his/her impersonator) did not say where the cryptic clue came from, I don't see a significant difference between answering questions from a prize crossword (eg Mephisto) or from a prize quiz (eg Big Brain Quiz).

Each individual should be free to choose for themselves whether or not to use this site and/or read a particular thread.

So, it is very important that people accurately state the crossword or quiz name in each thread's title.

JimC
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

terry

18th July 2010, 18:52
Hello JimC,
We are never going to get any sort of agreement about this. And if we did it couldn't be enforced. Let's face it,we don't even insist on a clue and number of letters for crosswords. So the idea that people will put up a quiz name is; clue- a deceased aquatic fowl (4,4).

Perhaps the only workable solution is that people can post what they like. But should be prepared for a modicum of criticism from those who think they shouldn't.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

crypto

18th July 2010, 18:57
Dead duck (is there a 'dead'line for this?)
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

puzzled

18th July 2010, 19:43
from Kemlo's previous post, he doesn't do the quiz, but is 'intrigued to know the answer' - I bet he is!
8 of 8  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Kemlo