CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

manic mary

7th October 2018, 08:54
Please Help! Our newsagent has not had half the paper sections delivered today, including Sunday. Could some kind person email me a copy of today's EV please to Jbatfhf@dsl.pipex.com . Many thanks
1 of 74  -   Report This Post

bunty

7th October 2018, 09:01
not got my copy yet ... but when it arrives i'll forward you a copy...usually about 10ish.
2 of 74  -   Report This Post

orson

7th October 2018, 09:26
I've sent a copy to Manic Mary.
3 of 74  -   Report This Post

manic mary

7th October 2018, 10:04
Fantastic, thank you so much, day can start now! Probably be back before long pleading for help.

Many thanks again.
4 of 74  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

7th October 2018, 15:07
I have solved all the cliues, found the three physicists and made the required highlighting in the grid. However from following the 11 word instruction I cannot see how the result and name referred to in the preamble can be limited to ten characters?
5 of 74  -   Report This Post

malone

7th October 2018, 15:09
It works if you use the person, rather than the exact thing indicated by the result of following the instruction.
6 of 74  -   Report This Post

cockie

7th October 2018, 15:24
I wasn't aware of the quotation, or of the amusing thing to which it referred,
so that's something new (if not terribly useful) learned. Two of the physicists are the obvious ones, I suppose, but I'm struggling to find the third. Is (s)he in the same general area of physics discovery? Juggling with the arithmetic we're required to do would suggest that the total might be a number in the early 90s.
7 of 74  -   Report This Post

jigjag

7th October 2018, 15:25
The phrase/ sentence is associated with 2 of the physicists, not 1 as per pre-amble. I dont know if it associated with the 3rd as well.
8 of 74  -   Report This Post

malone

7th October 2018, 15:27
Cockle, you need a slightly higher number. I don't know which area of physics any of them are involved in! I'd heard of all of them, though two are more famous.
9 of 74  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

7th October 2018, 15:29
Sorry Malone but you've lost me there (assuming D E P L C N T A A S U are the first letters of the instruction formed by the extra words).
10 of 74  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1351