CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sunray

8th September 2018, 14:48
Have rearranged 11 letters to remedy what speaker claimed.

But no idea what 15 letters to colour.
I can see a fruit with a colour.

A hint is needed.
Thanks.
1 of 21  -   Report This Post

malone

8th September 2018, 14:51
Sunray, you need only two colours - relevant to the last line of the verse...
2 of 21  -   Report This Post

cockie

8th September 2018, 15:05
I can see 15 letters requiring two colours, but one of the cells is one of the 11 cells needing to be altered, so is not "other". Or am I up the wrong tress as usual?
3 of 21  -   Report This Post

orson

8th September 2018, 15:15
I don't know how you get that, cockie. You're not looking at a letter in the third column are you? Even so, that wouldn't work.

If I had to quibble, the four words are not from the last line of a verse but from the fourth line of a verse. Also, one of the items that needs to be coloured always seems to have an S on the end as far as I can see. Maybe it is possible to have it without the S, as here, and maybe in some editions of the book the verses are organized differently.
4 of 21  -   Report This Post

malone

8th September 2018, 15:21
Orson, the word without the S is given first in Chambers, followed by the word with the S - so I think it's fine. (If the without version followed the with version, it'd indicate that the S one is more common. Hope you follow that?)
5 of 21  -   Report This Post

sunray

8th September 2018, 15:26
Thanks malone.
But the last line I read is A-sitting on a gate.

Even the verse in which the line from misprints occur does not have any colours.

I do see a colour in column 4. But that is 5 letters.

A little more of a nudge please.
6 of 21  -   Report This Post

malone

8th September 2018, 15:29
Sunray, I was probably being too enigmatic! I meant the last line of the verse as given in the four words mentioned in the preamble. (At that point I was unaware that it isn't actually the last lines of the verse in the printed versions). There are only four words - and colour would only apply to the last one...
7 of 21  -   Report This Post

sunray

8th September 2018, 15:42
Thanks malone.
Still confused.
The last line of verse on Google: Might drink my noble health.

Are the words in rows,columns?
Top half?
8 of 21  -   Report This Post

malone

8th September 2018, 15:46
Sunray, I think the 'last four words of a verse' in the preamble isn't right - but the corrections that we spell out give four words which are very significant. I think you said you'd remedied what the speaker claimed to have done. The other significant stuff is very close to that!
9 of 21  -   Report This Post

sunray

8th September 2018, 16:01
Thanks malone.
But just do not see it.

Row 6 and Row 13 changes give me one colour in column 4.

I'll put this away and come back to it a little later. May be that will help.
10 of 21  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » IQ 1559