CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT28

philip

6th July 2010, 15:36
Hello everyone.
I found it a bit trickier this week, but some good clues. I think the compiler must read these posts as things seem to have improved considerably over the last couple of months - since we have been complaining
Favourites
7a Placing the hair next to sink causes disease 10
11a Spice Girl goes after weirdo 6
12a Carry out a threat following violent tv drama 4.2.5

Didnt like
17a Marshall upsets most inexperienced daughter 7

PHILIP
1 of 35  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

6th July 2010, 17:24
Hi Philip,

I agree with your observation about 1a and, unless you're familar with the spelling of the word, you could fall into an ophthalmological trap...

17d is awful - and you were beginning to sing the compiler's praises!

Regards,

Caravaggio

2 of 35  -   Report This Post

chris4food

7th July 2010, 20:38
Hi Philip and Caravaggio, I struggled with this one - am still struggling!!! Totally stuck on
17d -t---r- I thought steward???? But why???
also
22a --s-u-r- - haven't a clue, here....
Any help, please?
I liked 1a - and have no probs with my ph's!
Thought 3a too easy!!!
3 of 35  -   Report This Post

chris4food

7th July 2010, 20:59
Hi Both, just seen the error of my ways... and realised how I got steward - not very good clue, I agree. Also realised that where I'd got a 'u' should have been an 'a', so got that one, too
SORTED!!
Cheers
Have a good week/end
Chris
4 of 35  -   Report This Post

karen

7th July 2010, 21:20
I dont have a 1a only a 1d, is that what your both refering to? Or another clue?
5 of 35  -   Report This Post

karen

7th July 2010, 21:31
Sorry dont intend to mislead,but my 3 is a down clue. I do have both answers in my grid, so I'm not asking for help. Just wondered if you were meaning others? No offence intended.Karenx
6 of 35  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

7th July 2010, 21:44
Sorry, Karen, I inadvertently identified 7a as 1a and will go and sit on the naughty step. x
7 of 35  -   Report This Post

karen

7th July 2010, 21:48
sorry if other cw quizzers wanted the clue and dont have RT28 1d A bit worried by some snow in dynamite (5)
3d State colour of chicken (5,6,3)
I have the answers, just for others, who want to play with clues! Karenx
8 of 35  -   Report This Post

karen

7th July 2010, 21:56
No need to stay on the naughty step Caravaggio! Just wanted to avoid my own confusion.Then realised others, who didnt have the RT thought I was a bit ??? Karenx
9 of 35  -   Report This Post

old gal

8th July 2010, 09:20
Hi Karen! The chicken clue is a two word State in USA with a colour being the last word. It is a breed of chicken. I am stuck on the Margaret and TV clue, am away from the RT so cant remember the number. No answers but a hint would be good. Thanks in advance.
10 of 35  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT28