CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT28

karen

9th July 2010, 17:02
Hi old gal.for the 3 first letters think ... your toe in, then anagram of, the hair,
27 of 35  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

9th July 2010, 17:11
Hi old gal
Late in the war time, Mr Bevin told 1 in 10 young men that their service wiould be work in a xxx.
The coal miners had to SINK these either down a shaft or in a drift. Each man received a (horse-drawn)cart load of xxx coal monthly.
These three different letters and 'the hair' make
an anagram of a disease that meant isolation hospital in the 30's. An older nurse would know
it's name and the younger nurse should 'get'it.
Keep trying.
28 of 35  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

9th July 2010, 18:38
Hi Old Gal AND ALL,
Please ignore the detail in my previous post.
Good history but NOT correct for Crossword Help.
The three letters to add to the hair, are those
that define the drop caused in some places by
coal mining. The letters also apply to bread
soaked in gravy - a xxx
I am glad I got back before Caravaggio had a
chance to say his piece.
Be good.
29 of 35  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

9th July 2010, 19:05
You make me sound like some kind of tyrant!
30 of 35  -   Report This Post

old gal

9th July 2010, 19:15
Flipper and Karen - many thanks - got it at last! Carravagio - we are just all in awe of your intellect........
31 of 35  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

9th July 2010, 20:07
Now take your tongue out of your cheek, Old Gal!
32 of 35  -   Report This Post

nimrod

11th July 2010, 10:38
Finished in the early hours of the morning!! Went to bed with 2d & 20d to do. Very humid & uncomfortale night, woke at about 3am, went to make a cup of tea, glimpsed at the clues and
the answers just stood out at me .(Well it works for me.) Will obviously have to buy the RT earlier,like on Tuesday to keep up with all of you crossword buffs. Bit worried that the compiler has a thing for "The Flintstones" at the moment! Best clues were 15a & 22a.
33 of 35  -   Report This Post

nimrod

11th July 2010, 11:04
Old Gal. Have looked at the Saga crossword and found it to be a challenge and a half. Didn't finish it. In fact, got nowhere near finishing it. I stick to the DT Prize Crossword, which is more in my comfort zone.
34 of 35  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

13th July 2010, 11:27
Hi all,
The paper boy delivered No29 this am and it allows you to 'take your pick' of 24 clues.
Pages 30 and 31 are given to Carravagio.
Proceeding slowly.
35 of 35  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT28