CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ash young

27th February 2009, 13:25
Hi Chaps
I realise I don't post much on the site but I thought I'd give our hardened users an update on where we are with the site.
We've had a few complaints recently regarding the quality of the advertising that we run on the site which is an issue. Unless we're running Google Ads we have very little control over what content is actually shown. As such we're trying other income generation methods such as the competition currently showing above. If these other methods are successful we can do away with the advertising completely – here’s hoping!
I'm interested to hear if anyone has any views on this?
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

big dave

27th February 2009, 19:31
While I very much appreciate what you are trying to do, and wish you every success, to call the above a competition is a bit of an insult to the intelligence of your users.
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

pooksahib

27th February 2009, 19:58
It certainly is, Dave but that's the way of the world nowadays. Sad. Were there ads on this site before? Can't recall any. Maybe I'm not seeing them due to using Firefox and AdBlockerPlus.
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

ash young

27th February 2009, 20:45
I totally appreciate the point that it is a little easy. At the moment we're just seeing what sticks. I really like the idea of doing more brain teaser type questions - I think it's something we'll try! Thanks for the feedback!
4 of 4  -   Report This Post