CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

roof

19th May 2018, 20:53
Im struggling with the last few of today's puzzle. e.g. 18d Five compete in wintersports gear for workers. I have S?L?V?S?
I'm only sure about the V. Any hints gratefully received.
Am I the only one doing this crossword today, or was it so easy there has been no need to consult.
Montalbano soon.
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

brendan

19th May 2018, 20:58
It looks like a 4 letter word for a winter sport around a 5 in roman numerals and a three letter word for compete (beginning with V)
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

brendan

19th May 2018, 21:00
I meant to say that I think your L is wrong.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

roof

19th May 2018, 23:20
Thanks Brendan. Got it and changed my answer to21ac, though can't parse it. I've had that problem with a number of clues.
Can you or anybody help me with 29ac Ready and willing for run with broken tooth (3, 2, 4). I have H?T ?O ?R?T
This time I'm not sure about the O, though I assume we need an anagram of Tooth.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

mamya

19th May 2018, 23:22
not cold plus to go at a horse's gait
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

brendan

19th May 2018, 23:24
It looks like HOT TO TROT - as you say, an anagram of TOOTH followed by TROT (Run). It's a slang term meaning Ready and Willing.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

roof

19th May 2018, 23:53
Thanks Brendan and Mamya
Not a phrase I know. I've just counted up the clues I can't parse. There are 11. In addition I still have three to get, but I'm off to bed now.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post