CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

orson

19th May 2018, 19:49
I've finished apart from identifying the 9 letters from (in?) the grid. Do the 4 blank cells have any significance? So far there is nothing very clever about the construction so I must be missing something.

I think the name that links the two books is an illustrator.
1 of 31  -   Report This Post

muraria

19th May 2018, 19:55
Hi Orson,
I think the nine letters start at first letter of second across entry in row 10, then wind backwards finishing at 3rd letter of first across entry in row 8....they are not in order, as implied in the preamble but give the name when rearranged
2 of 31  -   Report This Post

orson

19th May 2018, 20:00
Hi muraria,

Thanks, I can just about see it. This grid does not seem to be very well constructed to me at all!
3 of 31  -   Report This Post

drxx

19th May 2018, 20:04
There is a meandering line of the required letters at that point, but it won't lead to the correct format required beneath the grid. Enter the grid bars and be careful how you interpret the result.
4 of 31  -   Report This Post

muraria

19th May 2018, 20:45
Thanks drxx, so are we looking for the obvious name or some other name? I have entered the grid lines. I'm guessing the letters link the two cryptic clues that give the book names?
5 of 31  -   Report This Post

muraria

19th May 2018, 20:59
OK, thanks drxx, I have it now, took me a while to get the title of the puzzle !
6 of 31  -   Report This Post

drxx

19th May 2018, 21:06
Yes muraria, the puzzle''s title did it for me too, and I think the grid construction is quite clever after all (I got hooked on the meandering line for a while too).
7 of 31  -   Report This Post

betty2

19th May 2018, 22:15
Had the bars in there already. Found the letters and the name but losing interest in spending any more time staring at it looking for a "code". It's just a wiggly line isn't it?
8 of 31  -   Report This Post

orson

19th May 2018, 22:15
Is it necessary to enter the bars? The preamble doesn't say so but I'm inferring from previous replies that they reveal something.
9 of 31  -   Report This Post

muraria

19th May 2018, 22:22
Hi Orson, yesd you need to enter the bars to reveal the letters, there is no 'code'as such.
10 of 31  -   Report This Post