CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gitto

12th May 2018, 10:25
I have a full grid, but cannot parse 1 down. I know the 10 extra letters and their 10 definitions and have the six words of the statement - although I'm not sure if these are in the right order. I have no idea of the final word, the earlier work nor the person responsible - despite painful grid staring. I do wish that the time and effort required to solve the listener was not directly proportional the difficulty of the PDM and indirectly proportional to the ease of the solve.
1 of 72  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

12th May 2018, 11:40
Yep Gitto I think that the grid fill was relatively easy.

I can't think that I can be arsed to take it on from here, but open to persuasion.

CON is removed from the beginning of a word suggested in 1D
2 of 72  -   Report This Post

caphrist

12th May 2018, 12:06
Gitto, 1 dn. A common contraction for against is removed from a 9 letter word for registered. def lines and 2nd word in clue to be removed. I can thoroughly recommend the work to those who don't know it. Deserving of a much wider audience.
3 of 72  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

12th May 2018, 12:12
Caphrist - I have come across the possible quote attributable to a person born in 1978. If you could y/n this I don't think that would be a spoiler?
4 of 72  -   Report This Post

caphrist

12th May 2018, 12:36
Gitto,
A big no, I'm afraid.
5 of 72  -   Report This Post

caphrist

12th May 2018, 12:37
Sorry, message intended for Woodlouse.
6 of 72  -   Report This Post

crucifer

12th May 2018, 13:17
Very frustrated - have everything done, and what can only be the right title to put under the grid, but I’m missing an M in the nineteen letters.
7 of 72  -   Report This Post

malone

12th May 2018, 13:21
Crucifer, did you know there was some mix-up involving the number of letters? There's more on Answerbank. I don't know if this will be of any help, but I decided to mention it anyway!
8 of 72  -   Report This Post

gitto

12th May 2018, 13:21
If you don’t know, there is an error in 15d - the other site gives the correct clue. I’m still no closer than I was earlier
9 of 72  -   Report This Post

phantom

12th May 2018, 13:22
Gitto - look in usual places for person's name, with changes to leave words.
I think I have got one of the extra words (or letters?) wrong as I need to get another M to make the title to be entered, even though I've paired them all up.
10 of 72  -   Report This Post