CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mary jo

1st July 2010, 08:36
38a) Bee stung Rex in city's centre (6)tri???
1 of 33  -   Report This Post

ajt

1st July 2010, 08:40
You know - you're doing it again. It's 8.38 am here - those of us enthusiasts who look forward all week to the Spectator puzzle have either just started or not begun, and would just hate to see the answer displayed so early in the game.
2 of 33  -   Report This Post

zardoz

1st July 2010, 08:50
Thanks Mary Jo,

Couldn't remember how to start a thread. This one's a b*tch. Have about a dozen answers after a great struggle. Re 38a: TRICIA TRIFID TRIVIA TRIXIE
Take your pick. None make any sense to me, but I'm sure wiser folk have figured it out.
How about 13d? DEW?a?? (married rising)
3 of 33  -   Report This Post

mary jo

1st July 2010, 08:52
Please lighten up!

This is a crossword help forum for goodness sake.
If you don't want to give any help or don't want to see any answers don't come on here.
4 of 33  -   Report This Post

zardoz

1st July 2010, 08:55
Sorry AJT.

Wondered why it was so quiet out there. Have been at it for an hour & my head hurts. Maybe I'll go to bed & try again in the morning. 01:00 hours here.
5 of 33  -   Report This Post

mary jo

1st July 2010, 08:55
Hi zardoz

13d Dewlapt

Dew (married) Lap (partner) T (tenor)
6 of 33  -   Report This Post

zardoz

1st July 2010, 09:02
Re 13, just about to say "never mind". Sometimes it takes me a moment or three.

I'll shut up now.
7 of 33  -   Report This Post

mary jo

1st July 2010, 09:02
Incidentally zardoz K has now finished the crossword over on Answerbank so you may get some tips there.
8 of 33  -   Report This Post

jimc

1st July 2010, 09:08
For anyone reading this thread who doesn't already know....

The Spectator crossword is on page 59 of their website http://thespectator.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx">HERE (right-click & select new tab or page to open; then scroll down to page 59 on the righthand side of your screen & click the thumbnail image).

Happy puzzling.

JimC
9 of 33  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

1st July 2010, 13:32
Where is everyone today? I have finished at long last - took me ages to get 1a! Not quite sure how 19d suggests an anagram of the last word missing from 1a. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.
10 of 33  -   Report This Post