CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

nikki

2nd April 2018, 15:47
I have answers for at least half of the clues, have inserted some in NW and SE corners of the grid, but the instructions are more cryptic than the clues! No idea of the 'theme', as yet.
I just want to open up a discussion...
1 of 32  -   Report This Post

ixion

2nd April 2018, 16:35
There are two distinct themes Nikki, connected by a relationship between members within each theme which is then used to reallocate answers to wordplay to the correct place in the grid.

For example the wordplay at 7A leads to an answer to be input elsewhere. The wordplay at this other location relates to an answer from the second theme which is input at 7A. The two (one from each theme) are connected in a consistent way.

The extra letter of these 12 clues goes where the word is entered not where the wordplay appears, to spell out the description.
2 of 32  -   Report This Post

prospero

2nd April 2018, 17:14
The letter counts to 11ac and 2ac seem to be reversed. Am stuck on 21d ...
3 of 32  -   Report This Post

nikki

2nd April 2018, 17:16
Thank you, Ixion.
I have to do 'work' now (never as important as solving a crossword!), but will get back to you when I get back to the Genius and have read and digested your reply properly!
4 of 32  -   Report This Post

ixion

2nd April 2018, 17:39
11A and 2D aren't one of the exchanges, 21D is a normal clue, the defn part in the wordplay was mew to me.

More generally I should probably have mentioned that the "exchanges" between the two themes are, with one exception, of differing word length.
5 of 32  -   Report This Post

prospero

2nd April 2018, 19:14
I was misled by the two that are the same length into supposing they all were. 11ac and 21ac (my misprint) are exchanges but the word count is for the word that will eventually go in - not for the clue. Yes, 21d is a most obscure definition.
6 of 32  -   Report This Post

jadzia49

3rd April 2018, 06:53
Last one.13d) attlee's initial malicious words to the House.(5) a?i?e. Is it aside?
7 of 32  -   Report This Post

ixion

3rd April 2018, 07:41
I took malicious to be s(n)ide
8 of 32  -   Report This Post

jadzia49

3rd April 2018, 08:13
That's what I thought.So we agree.: )
9 of 32  -   Report This Post

pendragon

3rd April 2018, 12:10
OK, I have more or less finished it (one problem was that I thought the word referenced here in 21D as obscure was the answer, not within the clue). I have a 32-letter description (it's a bit wobbly though), but surely the labels are included within this description, or does one need to add something else when entering the answers on-line?
10 of 32  -   Report This Post