CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lissie

30th March 2018, 08:11
I've managed to complete this week's fairly easily except I have one very dodgy answer for 2d: Where to get cheap prices for plant containers first (6,4).
I have *A*K*T/*H*P. The answer I've come up with (first word -something I hang plants in, second word - where I buy things) isn't something I've ever come across so I think I might have made it up!
Any further clues greatly appreciated.
Lissie
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

chrise

30th March 2018, 08:17
I think your A is wrong
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

malone

30th March 2018, 08:21
Was it definitely 'plant' in the clue? There's a slightly different word that seems to fit better.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

lissie

30th March 2018, 08:27
Thanks both.
Yes Malone, it is plant.
Oh dear Chrise, if the A is wrong it's back to the drawing board for me - perhaps it wasn't as easy as I at first thought haha!
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th March 2018, 08:28
Plant is "hop"
container s first
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

malone

30th March 2018, 08:29
Thanks, Lizzie. The 'A' definitely seems wrong. The word/phrase (with a different letter) is in Chambers and fits the first half of the clue.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

malone

30th March 2018, 08:31
Thanks, jazzgirl - that all works perfectly!
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

lissie

30th March 2018, 08:40
Thanks everyone, I got it as soon as I revisited the A. However, I think I'm on to something, there's clearly a gap in the market for somewhere to buy cheap baskets!
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

kitkat

30th March 2018, 20:18
2D I too went through the 'a' instead of 'u' then when I got the correct answer I still couldn't work out why. So thank you for the HOP plant. It suddenly made sense.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 14