CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

3rd March 2018, 20:09
I had been meaning to ask whether anyone had seen you around, passed out under a table perhaps, but fortunately you reappeared. Just wanted to suggest that you do the latest WSJ and Harper's puzzles- both real gems, the best in quite a while. Also, your PR clue had me stumped. Enlightenment, please?
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

skyewalker

4th March 2018, 08:21
Being nosy, looked in on the thread.

"poor" - MEAGRE
"not good" - remove G
Replace with "us going back" SU
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

4th March 2018, 11:53
Ah! I'm usually able to "translate" but this time it didn't even occur to me. We spell it meager. Thanks, skyewalker.
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

rosalind

4th March 2018, 12:24
I'm nosy, too (having just returned from a battle royal in Tescos, most peoplehaving stayed off the roads for a couple of days).
I agree ginge, the WSJ puzzle is excellent. I couldn't get my head round the instructions for the Harpers so I didn't do it but I bet a dollar to a hayseed as my mama used to say, though I didn't understand that and still don't!) both aristo and you took/will take less thanan hour.
I also needed a little help with the WSJ but only a little.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

ginge

6th March 2018, 12:45
Hi aristo and ros, skyewalker kindly advised me of your post (many thanks skyewalker). I felt a bit stale and thought a break from clueing (and solving) might help. I'll definitely get round to syzygy's puzzles at some point in future. No other aspect of my bacchanalian existence has changed though !
5 of 5  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » For ginge