CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dryden

4th March 2018, 06:59
Smartie, although it's not impossible to parse !d to give an answer beginning with T it would be unusual in the Listener since that would put the definition in the middle of the clue (which is abnormal except in the case of composite anagrams).
If you enter the 13 letters that are preserved from the clashes into any online anagram solver you should get the hunter.

I agree with s_pugh that this is a very fine puzzle, beautifully engineered.
41 of 130  -   Report This Post

crates

4th March 2018, 08:11
Can add my congratulations to Hedge-sparrow on a fine puzzle. I loved the constuction of 22A...
42 of 130  -   Report This Post

dylan

4th March 2018, 08:21
Grid nearly filled! However, I have a clash at 18ac and 13d in which neither letter is in Summer Flowers. Both answers look good, although one of them includes a word in the clue. Help please.

Also, a nudge to 48ac would be appreciated
43 of 130  -   Report This Post

crates

4th March 2018, 08:28
Dylan - Dram is a currency...
44 of 130  -   Report This Post

lumen

4th March 2018, 08:53
I'm getting there, about two thirds done. As a relatively new Listener solver, can I ask if a solution can contain more than one 'clash'? I'm assuming/hoping not! But it doesn't actually say so.
45 of 130  -   Report This Post

dryden

4th March 2018, 09:21
Lumen, in theory there could be more than one clash in any given entry but in this case there isn't.

Dylan, if Crates' reply hasn't got you the answer yet, think of a well-know Scottish island with an L to erase (overlooking loch), revers it and add A
46 of 130  -   Report This Post

unclued

4th March 2018, 09:24
I have BALM for 42dn but how does the Scot’s bonnet work?
47 of 130  -   Report This Post

bobbibunny

4th March 2018, 09:41
I have two clashes in 39a - FM and LR. All three solutions look right to me but I'm also stuck on 14d Passages from Gabon being avoided by ships -L-O-S and
19a Force wrapping of paper off hard mineral -IN
42d Aromatic fragrance said to issue from Scot's bonnet -ALE
Any suggestions please? I already have 13 clashes but can't quite get those pesky summer flowers! Please put me out of my misery....
48 of 130  -   Report This Post

bobbibunny

4th March 2018, 09:42
I have two clashes in 39a - FM and LR. All three solutions look right to me but I'm also stuck on 14d Passages from Gabon being avoided by ships -L-O-S and
19a Force wrapping of paper off hard mineral -IN
42d Aromatic fragrance said to issue from Scot's bonnet -ALE
Any suggestions please? I already have 13 clashes but can't quite get those pesky summer flowers! Please put me out of my misery....
49 of 130  -   Report This Post

smartie

4th March 2018, 09:45
Many thanks Dryden. As the last letter of 1d is one of the clashes it's not surprising I was stuck! Doh...

Unclued - a type of Scott's bonnet is called a Balmoral (SAID to issue)
50 of 130  -   Report This Post