CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mamya

23rd June 2010, 14:45
I saw recently someone was asking if the results to this challenging quiz had been released. Got my sheet back today.

Q99 Hold on to catch when suspended over the river.
Answer was Keepnet.

They had 1,240 entries and the average donation per copy came out at £9.52p, meaning they sent £11,825 to Help for Heroes.

What a result!!

PS no I didn't win got 97/100
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

helena

23rd June 2010, 14:49
well done to all those that entered, rainign menty for such a good cause
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

helena

23rd June 2010, 14:50
must get finger sorted,

Well done to everyone who entered, and raising so much money for such a good cause.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

mamya

23rd June 2010, 14:56
Indeed Helena and if anyone wants an answer to one that was puzzling them, but didn't enter, I will endeavour to answer. Don`t feel up to typing all 100- sorry.

PS They will have new quiz out in September, but don't know if the same charity will be the recipient.

4 of 9  -   Report This Post

famous5

23rd June 2010, 19:27
Hi Mamya

Well done with your score. Usually it's a different charity each time with this quiz, so it'll be interesting to see who benefits next

What was the answer to Q3
Left leg was fractured by an item in the dairy (6)

5 of 9  -   Report This Post

mamya

23rd June 2010, 19:38
Q3 Leglan, although they accept there is a variant of Leglin the word "an"was an integral part of the clue.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

mamya

23rd June 2010, 19:41
oops should have added it is a milking pail
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

jacci

24th June 2010, 16:01
Hello M
What was the answer to 78... and are apt to travel with a box of clothes, I didnt send mine in.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

mamya

24th June 2010, 16:15
Jacci

Yes it seems another that caught a fair few out, lots put 'Patera' which is a dish, but the answer was 'Petara' which is a travelling box for clothes. I am awaiting delivery of a new Chambers dictionary as this would be a great help for quizzes such as this.

Here's to the next one, Nil Desperandum!
9 of 9  -   Report This Post