CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cerasus

12th January 2018, 18:40
Regarding the ongoing spam problem, there is a suggestion at post 10 on this thread. Do you think this would help ? ( Just a suggestion)Thank you for all that you and your staff do for the forum.

http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/542/why/

1 of 43  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

12th January 2018, 19:54
It can’t do any harm so give it a try.

I do delete spam as soon as possible, I am checking frequently at the moment due to the amount of rubbish coming in.

However, users of the Forum may not be aware that I work from home. We have an active Community on our mobile home park which includes Craft events, Coffee Mornings, days out etc. If I am away from home for several hours, I cannot delete the spam as quickly as some users would wish (one email this week pointed out that the spam had been there for several hours). Ash sometimes deletes it in my absence.

All I can say is that between us we do our best to keep the site up and running but it’s a bit of a nightmare just now, please be patient with us and continue to send reminder emails.

I bet there is some more in already.

2 of 43  -   Report This Post

cockie

12th January 2018, 20:13
You do a grand job, norah, and I'm sure we all appreciate the work you do keeping the spam properly ... frittered? Thanks.
3 of 43  -   Report This Post

elle

12th January 2018, 21:13
Yes, thank you, Norah, for all that you do for us!
Don't worry about the Spam........we will continue to report it as and when /if it arrives......
We appreciate that you always remove it as quickly as you can,
And we all know to negotiate around it, so no problem anyway!
4 of 43  -   Report This Post

pigale

12th January 2018, 21:16
Hear, hear! I fully endorse Elle's comments; you do a superb
job despite your other activities, and it is up to us to report the
spams to you - so let's not change anything!
5 of 43  -   Report This Post

rossim

12th January 2018, 21:44
Thanks for all you do for the forum, Norah.
We just bump our threads up to the top to 'hurdle' the spam.
It seems to work so I don't think there's any need to change anything.
6 of 43  -   Report This Post

mamya

12th January 2018, 21:49
It's an endless task when these spammers get a grip and with the best will in the World you can't be on here all the time.

Some sites have member moderators to mop things up , so you do your very best in the circumstances - Thank you.
7 of 43  -   Report This Post

brendan

13th January 2018, 01:29
We know you do your best Norah, and it really is appreciated. Many thanks.
8 of 43  -   Report This Post

rosalind

13th January 2018, 08:29
Yes, Noral, Thanks so much for all you and Ash do, it really is appreciated.
9 of 43  -   Report This Post

cerasus

13th January 2018, 09:05
I thank you again, Norah, as I did in my first post, for all that you do . A lot of forums are presently being targeted by the same culprits. You are doing a fine job and we are all appreciative.
10 of 43  -   Report This Post