CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

16th June 2010, 14:31
Well done teenieleek - this was a good azed puzzle to start you off on with the clues all "working" very nicely and straightforwardly. Keep trying the "advanced" crosswords and if/when you get stuck you can ask for help on here1
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

16th June 2010, 14:46
Hi Jim C - Aye, right! (as they say in these parts) but thanks anyway and to Sudokulover - gosh was that an easy one? My vocabulary now includes choanae - just wondering how I can slip that into a conversation!
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

k

16th June 2010, 14:46
Well done teenieleek.

The really challenging Azed crosswords are the four weekly Competition puzzles when you also get a chance to compose an alternative clue to Azed's.
You might also look at Mephisto in the Sunday Times & Beelzebub in the Indy on Sunday.

If you are really brave try EV in the Sunday Telegraph.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

suziem

16th June 2010, 14:51
Congrats from me too Teenieleek - very well done. I have reached the last clue, and I can't see the wordplay. The clue is 28d 'Decorative tile:one found in Med is also decorated'. I have DAL?E and I think the answer is DALLE, which is a decorative tile according to Chambers,but I can't see how it fits the clue. Can some kind person enlighten me ?
Thanks
S
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

k

16th June 2010, 14:57
Hi Suzie

ME DALLE D
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

suziem

16th June 2010, 15:03
Ahh - Medalled/decorated, should have seen that.

Thanks very much K, I can now send it off.

Cheers
S
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

16th June 2010, 15:06
Hi K - thanks for suggestions, will try a couple but the poor paper boy would have a dislocated shoulder if I bought that lot. (not to mention the cost). Have to confess I found dalle in dictionary so in it went without knowing why.
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

k

16th June 2010, 15:10
Hi again teenieleek
Azed 1984
If you don't want to wait another 3 weeks for the next competition crossword here is a link to last week's puzzle titled 'Doublethink'.
It was a cracker of a puzzle and will give you more insight into the world of 'Advanced' crosswords.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crossword/java/new/0,,-25953,00.html

10 of 11  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

16th June 2010, 15:15
K, will do. I would never send them away anyway, far too lazy for that, it's just the solving I like.
11 of 11  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » AZED 1985