CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

caravaggio

15th June 2010, 14:49
I've just finished the crossword while watching New Zealand snatch a draw against Slovakia.

There are some quite clever clues this week and I particularly liked 5d. However, and as is usual with this compiler, there has to be a dubious answer and it's 6d.

Are we talking about a cartoon canine who loses his 'y'?
1 of 41  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

15th June 2010, 15:05
Caravaggio scrieved:

I've just finished the crossword while watching New Zealand snatch a draw against Slovakia.

Is 'snatching' some sort of game? I've never heard of it. Does it involve men dressed like little elves trying to kick one another to death? I saw something like that on TV recently, but didn't understand what it was all about.

But seriously, I didn't get #25 today as I have been out in the garden all day until now. Tomorrow maybe.
2 of 41  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

15th June 2010, 16:00
You'd perhaps understand better if Scotland were actually competing in the World Cup, John. Sorry!
3 of 41  -   Report This Post

chris4food

15th June 2010, 16:58
I've finished it all except for 7a - I think it's
the pointed bit on the top of a church??? Otherwise I'm clueless - quite...
I thought 6d was quite clever - well, I got it!!!
It must be easy this week, cos it only took me about 2 hours on and off - usually takes me two days!!
4 of 41  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

15th June 2010, 17:02
Yes, you're right, Chris. Have you got the same answer as me for 6d because it's the only answer which I'm not certain about?
5 of 41  -   Report This Post

karen

15th June 2010, 17:04
(A)spire
6 of 41  -   Report This Post

chris4food

15th June 2010, 17:16
Hi Caravaggio - yes, I think it's the cartoon animal
Just realised why the answer to 7a is what it is... lots of times I get the answers, but can see the reasoning.... maybe I'm having too many senior moments.. How about Portugal being held to a draw??? Yay!!!
7 of 41  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

15th June 2010, 18:02
Thanks, Chris. Yes, I've watched some of that too and, when you count them up, there are quite a number of Premier League players in the Cote D'Ivoire side. Zokora was with Tottenham and Ya Ya Toure might well be with Manchester City next season.
8 of 41  -   Report This Post

the joker

15th June 2010, 19:03
I am not cheering the Portugal draw,as it has put my wager on them to win the Cup @ 25-1 in slight jeopardy.
Still hopeful though.(a fool and his money....)!
TJ
9 of 41  -   Report This Post

philip

15th June 2010, 22:08
Hello everyone

A bit late tonight as we have been up to London to see a TV show recording, then went on the London Eye.

Back to earth with RT25 which is one of the easiest for weeks.

Thought the clue for 4d "Boxers tonnage?" (13) was a bit weak in construction, particularly the first part of the answer.

Carravagio, thought it was a bit cruel of you to remind John that Scotland are not in the world Cup (hee hee)

PHILIP
10 of 41  -   Report This Post