CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

unclued

6th November 2017, 08:26
I'm sorry but I have not managed to get started with the end game even with all of your hints. Can someone give me an idiot's guide as to where to draw the heptagon? I have the two names. I even dreamt about this puzzle last night but still couldn't work it out!! Worrying isn't it!
41 of 98  -   Report This Post

smithsax

6th November 2017, 08:42
I don’t want to give the whole game away but look at column one. That may hint at a heptagonal shape. For the orientation look at the thematic title.
Then consider how that shape could be achieved leaving pieces that could make a reflection of it. Each piece removed must match a piece left in the first heptagon. One removed piece and its partner comes from each quadrant.
Hope that is not too much info.
42 of 98  -   Report This Post

unclued

6th November 2017, 09:59
I have HEADSPNARROW in the first column which doesn't mean a lot!
43 of 98  -   Report This Post

crates

6th November 2017, 10:33
Inclued - remember when cut out some of the pieces will be re-assembled in a different order (so look at first 5 and last five letters...)
44 of 98  -   Report This Post

unclued

6th November 2017, 14:11
Thanks. I’m starting to make progress. I realise now what the shape should be but where are the clues to the directions of the lines? Are they in the letters within the clue answers? Sorry to seem so thick!
45 of 98  -   Report This Post

orson

6th November 2017, 15:02
There aren't any, unclued. I think the title of this puzzle does more harm that good because I have to admit I wasted time looking for words like north, south, left, right in the clues or answers. Just draw the shape so that it touches all four sides of the grid.
46 of 98  -   Report This Post

crates

6th November 2017, 15:24
Unclued - Think with nudge given by Orson you will probably get there - but if stuck posts 35 to 38 will get you there.
47 of 98  -   Report This Post

unclued

6th November 2017, 15:48
Thanks ever so much. I’m getting there. I am still unsure which way ”it” points. Previous posts imply up and the first column down!
48 of 98  -   Report This Post

unclued

6th November 2017, 15:56
Aah I now realise that it is neither of these!
49 of 98  -   Report This Post

meursault

6th November 2017, 18:04
Orson, alas, I think you are probably correct. Snub-nosed scissors and a wee tube of paste. And if the setters, or editors, had any consideration for people quite long in the tooth, or with various physical debilities, then they wouldn't do this, and might instead simply request outlines. However, I fear we are in the vice grip of Blue Peter kids who never grew up...

But, we should celebrate that this forum is a forum of free speech, and that answers are given liberally, and that it is even a forum open to people from NAB who have become so bored with the sterility and negativity of the No Answer Bank that they come here to find life...

Dryden, many thanks for your kind advice. Though, I'll be happy to decide for myself. I'll remind you of it should you ever again find anything to criticise about the Listener...though I doubt that would be the case... :)
50 of 98  -   Report This Post