CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bananabean

5th November 2017, 11:59
Thanks, crates. Does the second diagonal start from the other edge of the first letter of the hero's name?
31 of 98  -   Report This Post

caphrist

5th November 2017, 12:21
I agree wholeheartedly with Dryden. This is a superb puzzle with a high level of ingenuity.
If only a certain sanctimonious curmudgeon..... on a free transfer from a grateful Answerbank team..... would take the hint and embrace another hobby.
32 of 98  -   Report This Post

crates

5th November 2017, 12:27
Banana bean - Like Gitto hope I'm not giving spoilers - answer is no - The theme and title give the meeting point.
33 of 98  -   Report This Post

orson

5th November 2017, 12:58
Phew - finally got there! I had to scan a couple of copies and experiment with scissors. Are we supposed to glue the pieces on to a piece of paper if we are entering? I suppose we must.

In case anyone is misled by posts 29 and 30 (as I was), and although I may be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), one of the diagonals does not begin with the first letter of the hero's name but it does go through a corner of the square it's in.
34 of 98  -   Report This Post

bananabean

5th November 2017, 13:02
orson, thanks.
Do you mean that one of the diagonals passes through a corner of the square containing the first letter of the hero's name but it doesn't start or end at that corner?
35 of 98  -   Report This Post

orson

5th November 2017, 13:05
Indeed I do, bananabean. It starts at the top right corner of the square above. Look for a shape suggested by letters of the first column.
36 of 98  -   Report This Post

bananabean

5th November 2017, 13:33
orson, please tell me how long the vertical line is that comes down from the same corner.
37 of 98  -   Report This Post

crates

5th November 2017, 15:13
Bananabean- vertical will come down 3 before turning horizontal. Bottom half of grid will be a mirror image.
38 of 98  -   Report This Post

orson

5th November 2017, 15:58
Sorry, bananbean, I've been out for the last couple of hours or so but crates is right. I hope you've been pointed in the right direction now.
39 of 98  -   Report This Post

bananabean

5th November 2017, 16:13
Thank you
40 of 98  -   Report This Post