CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT9

philip

17th February 2009, 21:06
Thanks Terry
I had looked at Steeplechase but it does have 14 letters. I now have ?T???L???????? so I suspect we are on the right lines. Could it be STEEPLECHASER which I think is more of a description of a horse and a steeple jack!
Philip
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

philip

17th February 2009, 21:10
Forget that last post STEEPLECHASER only has 13 letters
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

terry

17th February 2009, 21:11
It would have to be steeplechasers to have 14 letters. Steeplechasing would also fit. If one of these is the answer it seems very clumsy.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

philip

17th February 2009, 21:20
Thanks Terry

Just done one of the others which starts with G and is the last letter, so it must be STEEPLECHASING.
Suspect he is from the MAIL
REgards
Philip
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

vivienne

17th February 2009, 23:29
I agree with Philip that this weeks RT is a bit more obtuse than we are used to.
I am stuck on
Author from the city ?E?L?
Thought it might be WELLS but cant see the connection to city. Perhaps theres a Daily Mail reader out there who is used to these clues who could help
V
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

17th February 2009, 23:31
Wells in Somerset is the smallest city in the UK. GIYF!
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

vivienne

17th February 2009, 23:35
Thanks John
I guess I owe the Mail an apology but it does get some stick in this forum, doesn't it
Good night
Vivienne
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

17th February 2009, 23:39
Correction (Google is My Friend too). Actually St Davids is the smallest city in the UK and Wells only holds the record for England.
10 of 11  -   Report This Post

deekay

18th February 2009, 08:58
Definitely STEEPLECHASING becuase I have the last letter of 21A as I - this is a fairly obvious clue 'Dog for little girl, British one' with a three letter shortened girl's name, two letters for British and I to give a breed of dog.

Hope this helps.
11 of 11  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT9